Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

743 bobcat manual fuel shut off

Kurt Saylor ยท 2022-10-25 14:57

I bought a older 743 and the other day, I was adding hydraulic oil and right below fill spout abut the 9 clock position there is a little lever, turn this thinking maybe it was to bleed hydraulic pressure, about 5 minutes lather the skidsteer quit running now I'm starting to wonder if this was a fuel shut valve. Kurt

Replies11
  1. #1Vetech632022-10-25 16:10

    Pic of lever?

  2. #2Kurt Saylor2022-10-25 17:14

    I'm not real good at posting pictures I have to do it it with my cell phone and we get poor cell service out here in the sticks.the shut off or what ever it is look like a single clock hand maybe inch and a quarter long facing out and it is in the same space as the hydraulic fill cap.

  3. #3Bumpsteer2022-10-25 22:33

    Need a pic....the fuel shutoff petcock is under the tank on the opposite side of the machine. Nothing at the top of the hyd tank except the fill opening. Ed

  4. #4Vetech632022-10-26 07:25

    I'm wondering if someone had installed something like that to determine a fill level for the hydraulic tank.

  5. #5Kurt Saylor2022-10-26 10:56

    I think I figured out what the small petcock was for, when I was trying to hand prime it was real hard to squeeze the bulb. When I turn the petcock the bulb went back to the expanded size. but I'm not getting any fuel to the injectors, there was fuel in the filter. No ideal where the fuse or the relay is for the fuel system is . Going to look on ebay for a manual unless someone on this site can narrow it down for me. Thanks for the input. Kurt

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-10-26 16:48

    Check for them here ----> https://truckmanualshub.com/bobcat-pdf-workshop-manuals/

  7. #7Bumpsteer2022-10-26 22:20

    There is no fuse or relay for the fuel system. Gravity feed to the filter. Engine shutoff is mechanical. Ed

  8. #8Kurt Saylor2022-10-27 10:27

    if the engine shut off is mechanical why does engine die when I turn off the switch? I must be missing something here.

  9. #9Kurt Saylor2022-10-27 10:28

    Thank you

  10. #10Bumpsteer2022-10-27 22:01

    The fuel shutoff at the pump is next to the seat, rh side, use it every time you shut the machine off. Fuel line shutoff is under the fuel tank, rh side. Thats all there is. Like I said, need pics. A 743 is an old machine, who knows whats been done to it. Call a dealer, give them the s/n, find out what year it was made. Ed

  11. #11Kurt Saylor2022-10-28 11:53

    Th thank you