checked my water level in my 743b. full but doesn't look as though it has much antifreeze. how do I drain some water out to add some antifreeze. tester shows it at zero. like to get it lower. it has a heater that I guess I could loosen a hose clamp but though there might be a better way. anyone help. thanks norm
If what's in there now is an unknown quantity - as in that you have no idea even what is the quality of the water that's in it, I'd suggest drain the lot, flush it with some clean water maybe even with some cooling system cleaner then refill the complete system with some good quality premixed coolant. YMMV.
I did manage to drain it to get a gallon of pure antifreeze in it. checks at 15 below now, thanks
Assuming its got the V1702 like the 743, there is a drain valve next to the lift pump on the left side. I replaced the leaky factory one with a ball valve. Ed