Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

743b fuel selenoid wiring

mljohn ยท 2011-01-14 20:22

just aquired a low hour 743b . nice little machine all but someone had a problem with the fuel selenoid. the harness has been butchered at the timer plug and the 3 wire plug at the harness. does anyone have a diag. for that area of the harness? also is there a double male plug to connect the selenoid timer into that circut or is my memory of the older machines wrong,:usa

Replies7
  1. #1willie592011-01-14 21:12

    I haven't worked on a 743B for so long I can't remember what they have in there for certain. I do recall they had a timer to control the shutdown solenoid. It controls the ground, the ignition positive on the red wire of solenoid, and a timer to shut off power on the white wire after a few seconds. Can't remember what it looks like or how it's wired up though. Are you needing a new timer module?

  2. #2mljohn2011-01-15 06:34

    give a minute to get the barbaque sauce off my fingers attco i dont know yet about the timer need to sort out the harness first but i was tring to remember about the connection.does a double male plug from the harness that the timer plugs into one side with the selenoid plugging into the otherside ring a bell with you or do i have a nother machine in mind? i have a timer fuse pigtail from a nother machine but this one i 4 times the size ang bolted to left inside of the machine about a foot in and a foot up

  3. #3Part sman2011-01-15 09:46

    Don't know if this answers question, at the engine harness 3 wire plug you should have 1 ground and 2 switched power wires. When you plug in the timer, at the solenoid side, you will have 1 ground, 1 switched power (hold), and 1 timed power (pull).

  4. #4mljohn2011-01-16 11:22

    i guess what i need is a wiring diag with the timer and selinoid connectors at the engine. are you out of bed yet atco?

  5. #5willie592011-01-16 20:00

    Sorry mljohn, I've had a really busy day today, just now getting around to responding to you. There's no doubt a wiring diagram would help you out. I don't have anything on a 743B, I'm thinking your Bobcat dealer should be able to provide one for you. As I said, it's been so long since I've worked on one of those machines, I don't even remember what they had in there. Partsman pretty much describes the wiring of a basic timer module. The only reason they required a timer module was to remove power from white "pull in" wire of the solenoid after a few seconds. On later Bobcat machines, the ECU controls that function. But I don't think your wiring is so much an issue at this point, more important, just what do you have for a timer module? You described a module off a different machine (I think) that you said was located on left side of engine compartment, about 4 times the size, about a foot in, and about a foot up. Sounds to me like you might be describing an auxilliary electrical control for machines that don't have the electrical wiring going down the boom to control the electrical on attachments. Which brings me back to my original question; do you need a shutdown timer module? Have you priced a new one from Bobcat? How much was the parts quote? If it's rather expensive, there are alternative suppliers for solenoid timer modules.

  6. #6spitzair2011-01-16 20:26

    Maybe this will help you. This link should take you to the manuals you might need. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=31fe914bdce0f59019747bd91027d4ddf46528a8107c8e29#6,1 I found it in a link from www.skidsteerforum.com THey're a wealth of information on skid steers of all kinds.

  7. #7mljohn2011-01-17 06:09

    i will take some pics today to explain better