Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

7500 Backhoe

tom's_Tractor ยท 2014-03-06 18:29

I'm looking at buying a 70's 7500 backhoe. It runs nice, but a lot of water is coming out where the starter attaches. I put the starter and the only thing that you can see it the water is coming out between the engine backing plate and the block. My question is, does anybody have pictures of what the back side of the block? I hoping that there is a freeze plug on the back side of the block that let lose and i am also hoping that the block doesn't have a crack back there. The engine sounds great and runs smooth. A picture of the block might answer a lot of questions for me. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042014-03-06 18:36

    I don't think I have a pic, but there is a freeze plug behind the flywheel. Good luck

  2. #2broke backhoe2014-03-06 19:18

    If that freeze plug was to fail, do you know where coolant would typically leak from? Would out leak out of where the starter mounts?

  3. #3tom's_Tractor2014-03-07 10:39

    Do you have a manual that shows the freeze plug locations on the back of the block? I be-leave it is the 256 diesel.

  4. #4mitch5042014-03-07 18:20

    I'll see if There's a pic in one of my manuals