Am looking at a 1996 750C Deere dozer w/ 6000hrs has cab A/C, heat and ripper undercarrage has appox. 1000 hrs on it, good paint and not beat up. Is priced at $42,000. Seems to be in overall good condition. Is this a resonable price ? Any one have comments on these machines pro or con or any suggestions of what I should look at closer? Thanks
I've never owned one but I understand that they are really nice machines to run because they are hydrostatic drive. However, if/when you have to work on the hydro pumps, you will need a really deep pocket. Personally, I'd pay to get system checked out before buying one.
Price sounds fine. If it has a brand new u/c you should be fine. I would prolly offer 35k or so, as there are plenty of tractors out there. If you don't get it, wait till mid winter and you will find whatever you want for a good price. regards, Cd
Thats not too bad of a price. CD is right on the price where I would offer up price between 35-38K. Is it an LGP, LT or straight? 6 way or osd? I would deffently get the serial number and call deere and run the #. Main thing on the c's were the sensors on the back of the track pumps. If a dealer has it I would hit them up to see how much it would cost to get the series 2 update. I really like the difference on the speed select on the S-2 better. You could go as far as to get fluid samples takin on the machine.
Thanks for the replies to all. The machine is not a LGP. It is a straight blade. The owner says it has a new transmission pump also and was installed this year.
a new pump but he didn't replace the motors? when one part of the hydro goes, it turns the rest to junk. This is what makes a hydro dozer pretty unattractive to me.
Yes, he says he put a new left side transmission pump in 2010 and has been using it daily with no problems. I am unfamilar with drive train of the machine, you bring up a good point of concern that I will need to look into further. thanks
If it has the standard undercarriage it is a nice machine to run. We ended up with 2 at work that had the short undercarriage. ( was told it would be easier to turn around in a sewer trench. Who ever turns around in a swewrer trench?) Almost impossible to hold a grade with! Finally got rid of one, found out nobody else wants that spec either.
I am not saying this tractor won't perform just fine-today.. the experiences I have had with hydro anything (they are all the same, except for size/expense) is once they go bad you can patch part of it up, but after it is running you better cut it loose.
We have a 750C II with over 12000hrs on it. We replaced one drive motor a few years ago on the hydro, and other than valve adjustments and oil/filter changes have never been into any part of the machine. We used to be strictly Cat when looking at dozers, no more. As to replacing pumps with motors, filter the oil, perform a few tests ie: case drain etc, if they are in good shape, keep using them. If it aint broke.... One thing to consider when shopping a hydrostat machine is service records. You can't be slack on changing fluids/filters on them. And always always filter the oil going into the tank. New oil is not always clean.
Yes sir, you said it... :thumbsup http://www.insidersecretstohydraulics.com/hydraulic-oil.html Main page: http://www.hydraulicsupermarket.com/technical.html OCR
OCR Thanks for those two references. They look to be very informative. Logger
Update: The dozer was sold to someone else for $37,000.00 before I could make my mind up to take it.
like colorado digger said.. there are plenty of machines out there that are looking for a home. Take your time.