848264 Hello, first time working on a John Deere dozer. It’s a side project I’m helping a guy on. We were having tracking issues originally. The left hand track would creep forward while in neutral. Did a null adjustment on both pumps. Machine doesn’t track in neutral now. Wanted to do a transmission calibration with it because the left hand track is faster it seems, but seemed unable to. It has 565 software on it. Started machine with cal button pressed on controller and p will be up on this display until you let off the center pedal. It will display 45E and it won’t do anything from there with the decel pedal. From this point on its supposed to be applying the pedal until it flashes slowly, and then releasing slowly until the 4 disappears if I read it right, but that never happens. I tried with both the lock levers up and down. I’m not sure if I’m missing something or not. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Welcome to HEF Generalguy ! Do you have an engine decelerator only or the transmission/engine decelerator? The "4" disappears after decelerator pedal is calibrated, not the center pedal. Do you have the procedure?
I have the procedure. I’m pretty sure I just have an engine decel pedal. Was following the procedure in the book for it. We tried using the decel pedal to do the calibration, but we could never get anything to flash or go beyond the 45E stage. How can you tell if it has an engine/transmission pedal or just an engine? Isn’t the calibration procedure the same in the beginning steps?
Just to state, the decel pedal I believe is the right pedal and the brake pedal is the center one. Thank you for checking though!
Does the decel pedal, when pressed to the stop, lower the engine rpm 100 rpm less than low idle setting? You are correct, which style pedal does not matter. Looking at the procedure, section 1, step 7 of the "begin calibration procedure", it says to press and hold the decel pedal. Ignore that. When you get section 2 (calibrate engine speed), step 1 (press decel pedal to the stop), does the 45E stop flashing? If not, then you may have a decel sensor that needs adjusting.