Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Callie will be mobile soon!

carcat ยท 2023-05-31 23:37

We found the transmission leak! After putting 3 gallons of fluid in, got her back to the shop. Put in another 1 1/2 gal., fired her up, and watched the hoses under the seat. One of the 18" lines had split at the fitting, and was spraying fluid. So we've ordered 6 hoses and fittings, and for 100.00 and some cussing, Callie will be back to work. Checking into ROPS, found a yard in OK that salvages 850s. They said they're one of the few yards that do in the country. Need to replace a frozen master cylinder, possibly some brake lines, before we feel comfortable getting fancy working her, but we're making progress.

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952023-06-01 10:04

    What is this reference to? If this is part of an existing thread about a tractor please do not post another thread on the same topic.

  2. #2carcat2023-06-01 10:22

    sorry, I didn't know. It'd been awhile since the original post, so thought I needed to make new post. I'll repost on my original thread.