Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

750k case dozer

Ebelhar ยท 2017-01-04 22:38

Friend of mine ran the final drive low on oil. Burnt the bearings on the input shaft on the top. Replaced bearings and reassembled. I'm not familiar with case. What grade oil goes in finals and any startup instructions as far as clutch pack lube or bearing lube or just fill it up with oil and take off ? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1AllDodge2017-01-05 08:49

    Not real familiar with case but from what I can find it looks like 80W90 or 90W gear lube. Most have a plug and the lube is filled until it runs out, just like a truck differential.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-01-05 10:57

    Pull the plug on the other side. It would be wise to change it and determine what is in it.

  3. #3Dickjr.2017-01-05 22:29

    A lot of these newer machines use 30w motor oil in the finals. But before I used it , I'd call the dealer of just make sure.