Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

751 Bobcat

tractormech ยท 2025-05-14 07:45

We have a 751 that won't spin over long enough to start. You hit the key and it turns the engine over for a split second and then quits. Turn the key off and back on and it repeats. The fuel solend isn't powering up either.They say Bobcat put a computer panel in it a couple of years sgo. The fuses are good,the relay is good but we swapped it with a known good relay. Any ideas or experience?

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2025-05-14 10:12

    Post a serial number as there may be differences in the wiring. Are the battery and cables and grounds all good. Have they been load tested with load on at the time. Do you have a multimeter. Need more info for someone to give some direction. Simon C

  2. #2tractormech2025-05-14 23:47

    My mistake -I know better. Seroal is 515730045. Battery and cables are new. It seems like the power in the start circuit is being interrupted. I went to Bobcat today to see about a electrical fiagram. They told me there was no diagram available. I found a service manual online. I guess I need to order it.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-05-15 08:22

    Check your safety circuits, possible that a safety device is interrupting the starting circuit or auxiliary hydraulics.

  4. #4Simon C2025-05-16 09:55

    Get a good meter and stab the S-Terminal of the starter with the red test lead in DC volts setting while putting the black test lead on battery negative. Have someone turn to start and hold it there when it stops turning. Is there still like 10.5 volts showing on your meter or does it drop to much lower. Need to isolate the problem. Simon C