Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

753 Hard to start and smokes

sealcoat ยท 2014-11-04 16:34

I have a 753 Bobcat with 2000 or so hrs. Smokes and drips oil out of relief tube and now as it is getting colder in the A.M. it is hard to start. So im wondering if I have two problems going on here. Glow Plugs and valves and rings. Obviously trying to limp it along before having to do a rebuilt or should I just add oil on a daily basis. Thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1Killbox Alpha2014-11-16 19:18

    You may have 2 issues but then maybe not. I'd start with a compression check. Check it wet and dry, and by that I mean do a "normal" check and then put to squirts of oil in each cylinder and check again. If the compression comes up, you have a ring, piston, liner issue.

  2. #2sealcoat2014-11-20 07:40

    Thank you will check on that