I have a 753 that was running fine. The next day when I tried to start, turning the ignition key gave zip. No lights, no change of any kind. I have checked the battery, cleaned the terminals, I have 12v to the starter on the heavy red wire. I have checked the relay box and there is 12v to all fuses except F10 and F11 which from my schematic looks right. I have two questions, what should I check next and what is the chance the ignition switch is bad. Never had any electrical problems before with this machine. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
if you have a G series, check for 12v power red or red/white wire at the LH dash panel if you have 12v check for power at the rh panel no power at either wire, raise the cab, follow the cab harness down to the main harness connector, it's probably stuffed on top of the hyd tank, common spot for a broken power wire is right at the connector, usually within a couple inches. :drinkup
First of all I want to thank crewchief. His answer was spot on correct. The problem is that $%^$^ mice have chewed up the wiring harness and I mean chewed up. The red/white wire is chewed through and many other wires have been chewed. This is in the harness that goes up to the left panel and across to the right panel. Notice I said IS and not WAS the problem. This is going to be a real bear to fix. It is a wonder it is not sitting out in the woods somewhere.
depending on how bad it is, and how much time you want to spend fixing it, it may be worth checking into replacing the cab harness. :drinkup