Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Speed issues Bobcat T140

HHH ยท 2012-09-02 03:43

Hello, Purchased a T140 and it has a lot of things I'm not too happy with. Just trying to go through the machine and fix it and get it dialed in as best as possible. 2005 Bobcat T140. The issue I'm trying to address right now is the hydraulic speed. It's extremely fast. It's so fast I cannot control it when going down with the bucket (forks). I use forks on it often and I need to control the speed of lowering the material and I'm not having much luck. Not sure if it's an adjustment with the foot petals or if it's a hydraulic pump adjustment. Pretty much cant lower it without it dropping full speed. Advise would be very appreciated. Thank you for your time and help!!

Replies12
  1. #1crewchief8882012-09-02 14:31

    is the lift pedal sticking? :drinkup

  2. #2HHH2012-09-02 16:27

    Pedal is not sticking that I'm noticing. It just moves crazy fast. It's good if you want it fast but I cannot slow it down to save my life. It's all or nothing pretty much.

  3. #3HHH2012-09-02 16:29

    I read that it may be the actuator. But I would like to figure out how to tell before I go paying to have that replaced. They said it's expensive.

  4. #4crewchief8882012-09-02 17:21

    does the machine have hand and foot control ? :drinkup

  5. #5HHH2012-09-02 18:12

    Yes hand and foot. Standard set up.

  6. #6crewchief8882012-09-02 18:16

    guess i should be more specific, selectable hand/foot controls, ACS or mechanical foot control only :drinkup

  7. #7HHH2012-09-02 18:35

    hmmmm. I guess mechanical foot control only. Not really sure i guess. I'm still learning the machine. I purchased it and have been just going through the machine fixing little things at a time and have not used it much yet. It seems to be the same as my other bobcat which is foot controls for the bucket and sticks for the track controls. The sticks do have some switches on them but I have not figured out what they do yet. I figured they were for aux attachments but I could be wrong. Just a guess.

  8. #8BDFT2012-09-02 23:16

    I recommend you get a Bobcat mechanic to plug his laptop into your machine to make sure the hydraulics are dialed in properly. Bobcat skidsteers will drop the boom pretty fast if you want to. How is it that you own another Bobcat but you don't know enough about them to determine whether this T140 has ACS controls or not? Just asking.

  9. #9HHH2012-09-03 01:27

    I just got the T140 so I dont know much about it. My other is a 2000 453. A lot has changed since 2000 so I"m learning it.

  10. #10HHH2012-09-03 01:45

    So I'm looking at the manual and it looks to have acs control as well as standard H control. I use standard H because I did not know about ACS. I will go try it tomorrow to see if it works with ACS and what happens.

  11. #11BDFT2012-09-03 06:12

    If it has ACS controls there will be a switch with a green light on the left above the door. That will switch the controls from foot to hand. A Bobcat mechanic with his magic laptop may be needed to calibrate the actuators.

  12. #12HHH2012-09-03 12:37

    Thank you so much for your info. That was my next question on how to turn it on. Obviously I would have figured it out but helps to have the info prior. I think I will take it in to the shop and see what they say. I hope it's just a calibration issue. Thank you so much for your help and time!!