Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

75xt Bucket Releasing all by itself

mrziggy ยท 2013-11-09 21:35

I have a Case 75 xt that seems to have developed a problem were the bucket will release without moving the switch. Sometimes it will close all by itself, other times I cant get it to stay closed without with holding the switch, and it will open back up when I let go of the switch. Turning the machine off will cause the bucket to lock back on when it is restarted. Some times it will stay on for a while other times the bucket will release withing the first few seconds of it running. I have changed the solinoid under the switch, and the one on the other side by the fuses. The switch seems to test ok as far as I can tell. I am stumped. :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead Help! I am open to nearly any options. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2013-11-09 22:04

    Welcome to HEF mrziggy! I am guessing you are describing a problem with the hydraulic bucket locking mechanism? It does sound like you have more of a hydraulic problem than an electrical one. You will need to check the orings at the control valve (lower pic) & at the valve block (check valves) on the back of the hitch frame(#12). Unfortunately, CNH do not show a breakdown or list the parts for the check valves in the block. If there are orings that are damaged here, I would be fitting some generic ones from kits, or a seal supplier, to replace them.

  2. #2Bedrock2013-11-10 15:43

    I have a 90xt and have a problem with this too. The fuse blows. But we just bought it and it only has 5 amp fuse.

  3. #3franklinute2013-11-12 11:34

    I bought a new 90XT in 2000. After a few months we began having the same issues with our hydraulic disconnect system. I called the dealer and a technican told me to remove a line to each cylinder and flush some of the fluid out going each direction. He said they had seen trash accumulate in that area. It has been a long time but there might have been a small plug in the system that we took out and flushed also. We haven't had any issues since.

  4. #4mrziggy2013-11-27 16:38

    I got a chance to work on it a bit more, and think I have confirmed it is some sort of electrical issue. I pulled the plug off the bottom of the control valve and the release closed right away, and stay closed. When I hook a test light into the wire, i get a very inconsistent light that seems to dim as increase RPMs. I was pleased, and thought I could just run a 12v switch off the battery straight to the the control valve plug. That said, now I am facing an issue with it not starting. It acts like it has a dead battery, all things light, and then when I hit the key I get nothing and all indicator lights and everything goes out until I recycle the key. Put in new battery and that didn't help one bit. Thoughts?

  5. #5mrziggy2013-12-04 18:23

    Found what seems to have been causing both problems. The ground wire was loose at the disconnect switch near the top of the radiator. Tightened it and it, started just fine. Bucket latch seems to be back to normal after a couple hours usage at 2 different times.