Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Routing of hydraulic hoses on Takeuchi

NVtracks · 2013-11-10 11:02

Hello everyone! I just got my 84" Faver grapple set up on my Takeuchi TL150. I followed the instructions from Faver as to how to measure for the hose lengths to use on my machine. I installed the hoses last night and found an issue with the hoses catching on the bottom of my boom after I tilt all the way forward. When I roll the grapple back they get hung up. I temporarily zip tied the hoses together and threw a rubber bungee around the hoses and the boom to try and keep them from traveling under the boom again. I was just wondering how everyone else routes there hoses on their machine and even better, if their is anyone that has the Faver on a Takeuchi. I also found that my right side grapple claw hits the big grab handle on the boom (really not sure what these are there for anyway!) when it is fully opened up and tilted back. The left side doesn't hit because the handle is already bent on that side. Any thoughts? I am thinking I have to come up with a "stop" of some sort so I don't constantly hit it while I'm moving material. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1nhillin2013-11-11 19:54

    I got my 75" Faver X in today. My handles are definitely not problem, they're both mashed flat. I'm not sure about the routing of the hoses but maybe yours are a tad too long? I came up with a 102" measurement for total length on my TL150, getting them made tomorrow hopefully. What was your length? And did you use a 90° or a 45° on your quick*couplers on the machine? (Thinking they'd be protected much easier with at least a 45° elbow following the quick coupler to run flush with the boom arm)...

  2. #2NVtracks2013-11-13 12:08

    I ended using 45 degree adapters going into the quick couplers. After installing, I probably could have uses a 90 on the top hose and been ok. My measurement came out to a 107" total length. I used an airline to get that length. I routed it just like I would the hydraulic line. Even at 107", it doesn't have any extra when tilting all the way forward and back. I used the grapple fairly extensively the first day and found an issue with a pinch point where the line runs up the back side of the grapple in the hose keepers. My 84" might be a bit different than your 75" but most likely not by much. I am going to try a hose wrap to bundle the two together and then try a block or stop on the machine's boom to keep it from pinching the line and hitting the grab handle. Let me know how yours fits please

  3. #3nhillin2013-11-14 22:16

    Verdict is in after days of hunting the right fittings. I had one hose made at 102", and the other at 98", they're borderline too short, but they work without a problem. I used 90°s on both hoses. One of my hoses lay on the outside of my boom (like in the picture from faver) while the other hose runs on top of the boom, and I did notice the exact pinch point you're speaking on the backside of the grapple. Mine bottoms out on the arm right before it pinches hard enough to do any damage. So far so good for me, although its torture test will be Saturday and Sunday with a land clearing job.