Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

75XT wheeled skid HELP

Scoobydo ยท 2022-07-11 16:36

Good morning , I was back dragging and suddenly the skid stopped. It continued to run, but no Hydraulics will work. I have replaced relay , fuse, and still nothing. All the green safety lights are on, just the "P" light is on and will not go off. I read magnetic solenoid, servo control dump could be issues . I have a repair manual and have looked for both parts, but, not sure if they are called something else, I can't locate them. I have the cab up, just not sure what to look for. Any ideas, pictures, or common part names would be much appreciated. If I'm standing behind cab , and looking down , where should I look? Thanks again , Scooby

Replies5
  1. #1Tones2022-07-11 17:36

    Have determined if the pumps are actually working. Loosing all hydraulics at the same time sounds more like the drive coupler has failed.

  2. #2alrman2022-07-12 00:22

    Welcome to HEF @Scoobydo You will have to check the function of the brake valve, pictured below. Also included some troubleshooting for a 70XT - which is similar. It needs 12v supply to release the brakes, in order for that to happen the three operator presence switches need to be activated (seat, lap bar, cabin door,) & the switch on the dash needs to be working to send the 12v & that's if it's got 12v to send. Plus, you will need to confirm if the coil at the brake valve is OK. I have needed to replace a couple of dash boards on similar models over the years to fix the same issue - however you need some reasonable electrical testing skills to be able to isolate the issue. The dash is not an item you want to buy simply to find it doesn't fix the problem.

  3. #3Scoobydo2022-07-12 11:55

    Thank you for help,, I will check all and reply back later.

  4. #4Scoobydo2022-07-17 18:37

    Skid locked up while bucket, cab in air; so hydraulics were pressurized for several weeks. I noticed that pressure released and now down. Still in "P" when started and won't release. Does the fact that pressure released point to certain issue I'm having ?

  5. #51466IH2022-07-17 19:59

    Not really. There is internal leakage in hydraulic systems so over a long time pressure will bleed off