I am working on a Bobcat 763 with the keypad control. It won't pull in or hold the fuel shutoff lever. I have replaced the solenoid on the advice of the owner from the seller, and later the timer harness. It has 12 volts to the middle wire and will hold the solenoid in when jumpered, but would quickly cook it if left on. I don't have access to any system info and what testing I can do with a multimeter isn't getting me anywhere. Is there possibly a problem further up in the system not sending a pull or hold signal?
After doing some testing, I found it isn't getting power out of the machine cotrol system module to the injection pump relay solenoid. Am I looking at replacing the control module?
I'd probably bypass all that stuff and put in a switch wired onto a timer for however long is needed. It's a latching solenoid?
It has a primary relay solenoid sending power to a timer harness which has a pull in, then hold function on the main solenoid. I have been thinking the same thing about a bypass switch as it is going to be an used a farm skidder (baling wire and duct tape ).
It may not fix your harness or power supply problem, but thought I'd add that on those type of pull solenoids it's critical that the linkage adjustment allows the plunger inside solenoid to completely bottom out inside the solenoid. If the linkage prevents the plunger from bottoming out, you'll smoke those coils faster than you can put them on.