Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Recommendation for PTO Adaptor

droter ยท 2013-08-20 12:24

Can you recommend a PTO adapter? I have a Case 380 and would like as much horsepower at the PTO as possible. Thanks in advance, Matt

Replies4
  1. #1Lil' Puss2013-08-20 12:34

    You mean a Case TV380? A Case 380 is an older tractor.

  2. #2droter2013-08-20 12:37

    Yes a TV380. It has 84 HP net but I wasn't sure how much I would get at the PTO. Have you used any of the attachments from Skid Steer Solutions? I found this one: http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Powered-3-Point-Adapter-p/et-3pt-200.htm

  3. #3Lil' Puss2013-08-20 19:39

    I rent brush hogs locally. They have the hydraulic motor and gearbox mounted directly on the unit. I just plug it in and go. Not sure of the brand though. I did, however, purchase an adapter plate to mount my category 1 implements on.

  4. #4AusDave2013-08-22 02:26

    I recently purchased one of the skid steer solutions 3PL adapters with PTO. So far I have used it to run a slasher and wood chipper which worked fine. I have the model which uses up to 25 gals hydraulic flow on a 50hp JCB 1CX skid steer. It's well constructed and is worth considering for your needs. You can run virtually any 3PL implement with one of these. I got mine specced with the Cat 2 arms and sleeve down to Cat 1. AusDave