I have a 763 that the traction lock wont release the bucket controls and sometimes has to be pushed several times to release the wheel lock. The Battery and Alternator are putting out correctly and all wireing seems to be intact. I am mechanically inclined but not very familier with skid steers. When I push the traction lock button I can hear the normal clunking but the bucket lift and tilt dont work
What type of interlock system does it use? Some utilized the BOSS, and others didn't. You'll know if it's a BOSS system if in the upper right hand corner of the cab, you have a digital display with your fuel, electircal and other systems. On the back corner, next to the seat, you'll have a display with 5 different systems listed. When you hit the interlock button, all 5 should show green. One of our's was a 763F, and what would sometime happen is the parking brake on the floor would get tripped. We'd hit the traction button as usual, but no hydraulics. That's only if your P-brake is the floor mounted one though. The 763G my dad bought last year doesn't have the BOSS, and the parking brake is a switch place in the middle of the front cross bar. If your's is the floor type, it may either be partially engaged, or something's loose/broken in the switch. Hope that helps.
I disconnected the parking brake and that didnt change anything. It will travel it just wont let you use the lift or dump. I dont know if it is a boss system but if you are in the seat the upper right hand side has guages no digital and there is a set of lights that are on the right next to the seat back.
Okay, if it has gauges instead of digital, it's probably not the BOSS system. If you look at the upper left side, while seated, your hour meter should be there. If it's a digital hour meter, and your lights are the push button style, you can hold the headlight button in for 2-3 seconds, and that will show any trouble codes the machine has in the bar where it normally shows the hours. Your owner's manual will have a break down of the codes, telling you what's what. I'm assuming fluid levels are all good for the hydro system, so that probably takes those sensors out of the mix. I'll look at my service manual to see anything on troubleshooting the problem.
Well, looking at my service guide, there are a few options for problems. Assuming your's has the seat bar, it could be the seat bar sensor has a grounding issue. According to the manual, if you have hand controls, it gets a little more complicated. Hopefully someone with more experience chimes in, b/c I'm not an expert in Bobcat repair. If you don't have a service manual for your machine, you can get one from Bobcat, but they're kinda pricey, like $90, on CD or paper.
Are any of the lights on the BICS controller (beside the seat) flashing when the problem occurs? If all lights stay steady when you are in the seat there is probably a problem with the coil/stem valve that locks out the hydraulic functions. If the seat light is not on then maybe trash under the seat. There were several versions of that lockout system, some without seat sensor. If the seatbar light is not coming on check for loose bolts where the bar pivots, not letting the sensor know the bar is down.
Ok only the bottom light comes on and it stays steady. The hour meter is the old style hobs roll over not digital.
Actually the power light stays on and the 1st one above it stays on no other lights come on at all
Sounds like a sensor/switch some where. Maybe the bar switch/magnet or seat if got em..goodluck withn it.I get intermittent issues with my 863 BOSS but i think its the seat bar switch playin up.
Andy, Good place to start would be the connector to the BICS (Corrosion)clean and apply dielectric grease.
I have somewhat of a related question. I have a '01 773 (G model I believe) with hand controls. The lift arms are starting to creep down several inches after I raise the arms... the seem to settle rather rapidly. What's more, when I roll the left had control outward to lift the arms, they will actualy creep down more until I roll the control further outward. It has made doing exacting work impossible. Any ideas on what this may be caused from? I've read a bit and have ideas ranging from a bad O-ring inside the valve body, to the actuator, or needing the system recalibrated. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Hey Buckeye Where is this BICS connector on my 763.
Concretepumper,most likely connection problem is right at the box in the cage on your right as your sitting in the seat. You'll need to lift the cage and remove the box to access the connector retainer.Then clean connector pins with WD40 or similar product,and apply dielectric grease(AUTO PARTS STORE).Do you have any lights light on the controller??.
Bucket foot pedals won't work BICS connections don't seem to be problem. They looked like new so sprayed w/WD40 and still have no hydraulics for bucket foot pedals. Battery draw shows .877 amps when everthing off. Enough to kill battery overnight 2 nights. Hear a solenoid click when connecting batt. Used to be able to overcome problem by lifting lap bar and putting it back down. Now if I push button for aux hydraulic and sideways hold the button on hand levers all foot controls work normal and load on hydraulic pump is relieved. At night I disconnect batt and it will start but under some load untill aux buttons held on.
Sounds like you have some wires connected wrong at the control valve.....Have you had things apart recently or did the problem happen on it's own? Are all the lights on the BICS module lighting up when you try to operate?
It happened all on its own and yes all the lights are on BICS. It has 990 hrs and I've never had anything apart. Years ago the dealer hooked it up for a angle broom which I don't use very much. The left and right control levers have switches to angle the broom left and right and now by holding the button on I get hydraulics for foot pedals. Could wires to the brake pedal be causing this?
The brake pedal should have no affect on the hydraulic functions. I'm guessing that when you say you move the switch on the steering lever you have already pressed the switch in the dash for the auxiliaries. If so then probably either a stem valve for the auxiliaries has gone bad or one of the springs for the auxiliary spool is broken. This will cause the auxiliaries to stay on all the time...until you activate the auxiliaries for opposite flow from what is stuck, then it balances out the auxiliary spool and allows the other functions to operate. After rereading your other post about the excess draw, check for power getting to one of the auxiliary stem coils when the auxiliaries are not on. If you get power there is a short somewhere of a bad aux. controller. Also try unplugging both stem coils for the aux and see how the other functions work.
I would unplug the stem coils for aux if I knew where they are. I see the coils on the spool valve under the seat when I lift cab. I hear a click noise under near fuel tank when I hook up battery when everything is shut off. Whatever it is killed the battery dead too many times and now I have my cars battery in it. I have to pull cable off every time I shut it off.
I spent last week chasing down the wiring to the aux. in my 763H, perhaps this scan of the controls reference page will help. http://media.photobucket.com/image/763/bullrake/Bobcat%20763H/763H_ELEC-HYD_ref.jpg?o=7
I have a similar problem with th BICS on a 763. The machine starts fine. After the traction override button is pushed the traditional "clunk" is heard. As soon as the right hand control is moved (AHC) to activate the tilt control the valve control light for tilt and lift on the BISC turns off and all control movement is halted. The machine can still drive but no movement of the bucket lift or tilt is allowed. Something to do with the right hand control grounding something out? All replies are appreciated. Thanks
Same problem for my 763g!!!
check and or replace your hydroulic rod and piston seals, My new holland did the same thing and it was a 40$ dollar piston seal kit and a about 2 hours of labor for my first time... the next time it happened I did it on site in about half the time...cheap and easy.
Finally, a short-circuit caused problem to the governor... which has been repaired and everything is ok for now... i hope so....