Thanks for letting me in the forum. I have a (newer to me) 763 with 1100hrs, I have had it for about 1 year and everything has been working well. Recently I was using it and noticed a steady stream of hydro fluid leaking out of the bottom plate. I pulled the cab this weekend and found out where the leak is coming from. But honestly I know very little about the parts on this machine and it scares me a little bit with all the hydraulics. I can tackle mechanical stuff all day long, but these hoses and pumps are a little confusing. The leak: directly under the cab, located almost directly under your right elbow is a large "valve type unit" mounted in the right side chasis wall, with a lot of hoses run to it. On the rear side of the unit there are 2 large rubber caps, those caps are having hydraulic fluid build up underneath them and slowly push them out until they fall off and then the fluid slowly trickles out. I am not sure how to fix this, I am guessing that those are some kind of pressure valves? The last time I used the machine it was pretty cold outside (maybe 20 degrees), but honestly I never use it hard or for extended times. Could the fuild have been to cold or thickened up? One last thing, just before I got the machine the guy did a complete service on it with all fresh filters, I have no idea if he used bobcat brand fluids or something else, could that be an issue (I have seen mixed opinions). Last thing, any good service manuals for this machine? I have the operation manual, but I am looking for something more like a shop/service manual. Thanks in advance..
Here is a picture of what I am talking about. In the one shot you can see the caps slowly getting pushed out.
Seals and hydraulics can leak a bit more when cold. But I would brake clean the oil off the suspected leak just to absolutely varify were its coming from. Then when its clean and dry. start machine, work drive controls first, dont touch bucket controls, see if it leaks, if it doesnt, try bucket controls, see if it leaks, it might leak with both if its a main control valve. It just might be some low pressure o ring around the cap thats seeping. Isolating drive and bucket controls might make it easier to know what valve it is, without a manual. Dont run yourself over when running drive controls, or pin yourself when operating bucket controls, work smart and safe,
Theres a good video on u tube by a guy called HowIDidIt, on exactly your problem. Type in Bobcat Control Valve leaking and how to reseal.
Control valve spool seals, pretty common on an aged Bobcat. I did a write up about this repair somewhere in my many posts here. The first time you do one is a PITA, after you've done about a hundred of them, not so bad.
WOW, that is exactly what I was looking for, Thank you Arny L and willie59.. you guys are the best. I will get those seals on order. I was a little confused with the video compared to the seals he linked. The description on the seals says for one spool valve, but it looks like all I need is the four seals shown in the description. Am I missing something? From what I take I need the 4 seals, and new spring and detent balls, and the little O ring and plastic piece that goes in the end of the shaft. Thanks again guys your the best..
Doesn't this have what i need to get the job done (less the spring and detent balls)??