Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

763 Hydralic Problem Filling Chain Case Full Of Oil

tnhotrod ยท 2008-12-06 23:22

I have a 763 that is filling the chain case full of oil in about 10-15 mins. I have removed both drive motors and looked at both carrriers and seals but do not see a problem with them. Complete carriers were replaced not long ago on both sides. After inspecting both sides i pulled both sides of the drive motor hoses up were i could connect the drive motors while laying on the frame. so now i have both motors connected but where i can watch the motors actually run. When i start the machine one of the motors at the small hose that attaches to the motor is pushing fluid out , the other motor at the small hose is not doing this.. I'm thinking that the oil that is coming down the small hose is building pressure in the carrier and blowing by the seal into the chain case. I have been told that the small hose going to the drive motors are to return the fluid that has leaked from the drive motors.. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... THANKS CHRIS

Replies3
  1. #1surfer-joe2008-12-06 23:39

    It's a case drain hose and it is designed to drain excess oil out of the case. You have a blown motor seal from where the excess oil is coming.

  2. #2tnhotrod2008-12-07 00:14

    Hydralic Problems I Can Take The Small Hose Off The Motor And It Will Have Fluid Coming Straight Out Of The Hose With The Machine Running . Its Not A Lot Of Pressure But It Is A Steady Stream.. The Other Side Does Not Have Oil Coming Out Of It ..

  3. #3tnhotrod2008-12-12 21:13

    In my case carrier seal was bad and alllowing oil to pass through seal into case. Replaced carrier seals on both sides. Thanks for the help