Have a TL150 Takeuchi, In cold weather it will start fine, but once the machine warms up it will not start, cranks but will not fire. Any suggestions:Banghead Has new fuel filters, air filter
Sounds like once it gets hot the fuel line is vaporlocking.
check ur fuel lines. by the back door(near the fuel shut off) there is a small lift pump i've had to replace both lines and the pump. i'll see if i can get pics
the electric fuel solenoid at the injection pump could be the problem. You should checked to make sure it's activating when you starting. We have also seen trash stopped up in the fuel lines and fittings where bigblueox was talking about at the back door.
I would crack an injector line at head, verify its getting fuel. Anytime a diesel won't hot start, you have to consider if its got decent compression. More likely than not a fuel delivery problem though, to the injector pump.
Found Problem When the machine warmed up the spring in the injection pump losses its tension and will not start, removed the shutoff solenoid and pulled on the stop with a magnet and the machine starts fine, now I need the instructions to remove the fuel pump for repair. If anyone could post them it would be great.
Whoa Whoa! I wouldn't go yanking the injection pump off just yet. "Spring looses it's tension when hot"??? Never seen that before. What spring? You say "you removed the solenoid and pulled on the stop with a magnet and it will start." Doesn't sound like an injection pump problem to me. I think I would be suspicious of the solenoid before I yanked the pump. A solenoid is made up of "windings" which create a magnetic field when energized. The thing about wiring/windings, they become "more resistive" to electrical current the hotter they get. You could just have a fuel control solenoid that is just beginning to fail, but not just yet "lost it's smoke" and crapped out. You could also have insufficent voltage to activate the solenoid, again hot wiring, when the machines warmed up. I'd do some more testing and maybe invest in a new solenoid before I pulled the pump.
Whoa Whoa! I wouldn't go yanking the injection pump off just yet. "Spring looses it's tension when hot"??? Never seen that before. What spring? You say "you removed the solenoid and pulled on the stop with a magnet and it will start." Doesn't sound like an injection pump problem to me. I think I would be suspicious of the solenoid before I yanked the pump. A solenoid is made up of "windings" which create a magnetic field when energized. The thing about wiring/windings, they become "more resistive" to electrical current the hotter they get. You could just have a fuel control solenoid that is just beginning to fail, but not just yet "lost it's smoke" and crapped out. You could also have insufficent voltage to activate the solenoid, again hot wiring, when the machines warmed up. I'd do some more testing and maybe invest in a new solenoid before I pulled the pump.
Re: To help explain it better, the solenoid has a small pin that pushes on the linkage in the pump to shut it off. When the solenoid is activated the pin retracts and the spring that is on the linkage internal to the pump must return the plunger to the run position, that spring is the one that is weak.
I would have to agree with you guys, probably the shut-off solenoid. I've replaced more of those than anything else when I've had a fuel problem.