Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

763 with high oil level… Fuel in oil?

sierradmax ยท 2012-08-20 12:05

I noticed the oil level in my 98 763 was quite high. I replaced the oil only to see the level raise again after 1 week. It also appears to be quite thin. I'm ruling out antifreeze as I did not see any speration in a clear jug. Where, besides the cylinder, can fuel contaminate the oil should I have a bad seal?

Replies4
  1. #1sierradmax2012-08-21 07:52

    Does anyone know if the injector pump seal could leak into the block? Motor is a kubota V2203-E

  2. #2stumpjumper832012-08-21 15:42

    check your fuel lift pump.

  3. #3Iron@Dirt2012-08-21 22:24

    Stumpjumper is right definitely check lift pump first, you might pull the two bolts with out disconecting hoses and see if the pump is leaking on the inside. Yes the injector barrels can also leak diesel into the engine, would be hard to see though. If you dont see leak at lift pump slightly lossen injector lines while holding back on injector barrel. Then try to tighten the barrels a little, see if they are lose.

  4. #4sierradmax2012-08-22 13:53

    Thanks for the replies. I took the lift pump off the machine and noticed a fuel smell in the camshaft hole. I brought it to a bobcat dealer and they hooked it to a vacuum pump before selling me a new one. Sure enough, it wouldn't hold a vacuum.