Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

763g traction loc issues. Code 15-03

chris allen · 2018-10-22 19:06

hey guys, I’ve ran into this issue multiple times on differ units, well I have a 763g that threw the traction loc code, well I checked fuses an swapped out the relays, didn’t make any difference, replaced traction loc coil with new one, I have a good ground at coil 3 wire connector on my black wire, an 12 volts on my red wire (hold wire) an nuthin on my white wire (pull wire). Every time at start up a I hit opperate button they all power up except traction loc. It basically blinks at me. I need to figure out we’re the white wire comes from an if the computer is telling it to pull. An if the controller were I hit the opperate button is sending power to computer to tell it to unloc, also I had heard that if computer don’t read Rpms from flywheel it want opperate. Not sure if that’s for all hyds or just traction loc.

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882018-10-23 17:42

    power to pull comes from the fuse and relay.

  2. #2chris allen2018-10-28 22:18

    Performed several troubleshooting tasks today retaining to the 15-03 code , everything seems to seem ok according to the troubleshooting chart for the code, but I’m not sure if chart was for older machine than mine, mine has the the parking brake button in center of cab above door jam, chart never mentioned anything about checking the brake switch tho, I had another machine here that don’t have the brake switch on it so I swapped out touch pad controller an computer an replaced traction loc coil with new, code still pops up an blinking lite. Any ideas