Hello all, We have an old 773G that we use a yard dog and for demolition jobs. We are getting ready to rebuild the engine and I was wondering if anyone had ever upgraded to a high flow hydraulic system. Is it as simple as adding an auxiliary pump or is there also software component to the process? Thanks, Stuart
the hi flow option is ONLY for the aux circuit, it does nothing for bucket and boom. you'll need a hiflow pump, plumbing parts, electrical parts, and possibly need the option set with service anylizer
Crewchief, Thanks a lot. There are times that having high flow on the aux. circuit would help. Renting an asphalt planer is one. I was hoping we might be able to cobble some parts together for $1,000 - 1,500. Is this a foolish pursuit? Could a good mechanic do it in 8 - 10 hours? Cheers, Stuart
they do have low flow planers. id suspect the biggest problem with trying to use a high flow planer, on your machine, is that the machine itself isnt heavy enough and you'll be bouncing around more than anything else. like i mentioned, hi flow might have to be turned on with service analyzer for it to work.
I expect you're right about the weight of the machine. I keep laboring under the delusion that it's somehow better to revive old stuff instead of buy new. In lots of cases, especially with specialty stuff like planers, I think the smarter play is to just rent & return. Thanks again.
currently the "hot setup" for most of the parking lot asphalt guys around here is a T750/770 or T870 high flow with a 24" hi flow planer. theres a company called road hog that sells a (self contained) powered 24" planer. the ones ive seen have a duetz oil cooled engine. they are big, heavy and expensive. your 773 might be at it's limit to even pick the thing up.
Thanks, I saw one for sale about a year ago and thought about putting it on an old Trojan 1500 we have. Thanks.
You don't need to have an electric controlled pump, a cable controlled pump works just find plus it works like a throttle. That can have the engine at WOT but control the pump flow to suit what ever application is required