Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

77′ Massey

Emerson ยท 2012-07-29 07:22

Anyone know anything them. Buddy of mine is looking at one. He's says the tractor won't go in neutral when moving forward but it will when in reverse? Also the slush box for the backhoe has alot of play.

Replies5
  1. #1planecrazzzy2012-07-29 09:38

    Well... it "is" 45 yrs old .... Myself... if it was FREE.... it would still cost too much... . Gotta Fly...

  2. #2mitch5042012-07-29 16:55

    35.

  3. #3planecrazzzy2012-07-29 17:44

    Oooops, I needed to take off my shoes for that one... HA ! Gotta Fly...

  4. #4BDFT2012-07-29 21:06

    It would be much easier to help[ you if you mentioned the model number. I presume its a Massey Ferguson backhoe with obvious trans problems. As to the "slushbox", never heard of one. Not quite true, I guess I've heard GM 2 spd automatics called that but what one is doing on a Massey backhoe is beyond me. Must be New Brunswick thing.

  5. #5robin yates uk2012-07-30 04:13

    I drove a Massey Ferguson 40 in the 70's, torque converter, 4 forward, 4 reverse.never had any trouble when I used it.The same transmission was used on the ** 50B, and again a trouble free unit as long as the machine was halted before a change in direction.At the time the 50B was way superiour to the JCB 3C which was awful on the road as the brakes were dry drums!