Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 at auction

Paul W ยท 2010-11-13 17:39

Picked up a 773 today at an auction. Any problem areas I should be looking at? Thanks...

Replies7
  1. #1skidrowe2010-11-13 22:12

    773 check Paul , one of the first things I would do is cut open your oil filter, stretch out the paper pleats and look for any metal. Do the same with the hydraulic filter, also check and replace your case drain filters, you should buy a service manual it will make things much easier to locate the case drain filters, and you'll need it any way it would be a good investment.

  2. #2Paul W2010-11-13 22:20

    Thanks!

  3. #3willie592010-11-13 22:28

    If it's a 773 G Series, no real problem issues, rather sound machine. How many hours on it? Really all depends on how well it's been taken care of. After you've run it for a spell let us know how it's working, and post some pics.

  4. #4Paul W2010-11-14 13:06

    ATCO It is a G series and I called the dealership that sold it new as they are the same ones I deal with on all my small equipment purchases... It was sold new 8/17/01 and had a new engine about 2000 hours ago. Bucket pins/bushes are beat but Ive replaced them before on my other machines so no reason to be worried about that... Simple enough! It got a terrible paint job sometime before the auction on just the wheels and rear door so I'll probably sandblast those and repaint.... New decals and such....

  5. #5willie592010-11-14 19:51

    We have a 773 G Series that we purchased new and have worked the dog snot out of it, a little over 3000 hrs now. Been a solid machine with very little problems.

  6. #6tylercooney2010-11-22 14:51

    Would you mind if I ask how much you gave for it? Looking at one of these myself...

  7. #7Paul W2010-11-22 21:46

    $9500...