Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 BOBCAT Overheat Problem

goodearth13 ยท 2021-02-19 15:54

My 773 Bobcat overheats after about 20 minutes of using it to blow snow with a Bobcat 250 Snow Blower. It used to overheat after using it for over an hour. I topped off the anti-freeze before starting. The motor oil was full & hydraulic oil is in the middle of the sight glass. Thank You, Goodearth13

Replies4
  1. #1Aarons812021-02-19 16:26

    I'd start with verifying the actual motor temp using a temp gun on the block. Could just be a bad sending unit.

  2. #2Pedu2342021-02-19 16:57

    I start whit a visual ispection on the radiator cells, a simple power wash may do it..

  3. #392U 34062021-02-19 17:10

    I'd start with the basics. Coolant level and concentration, airflow through the coolers is unobstructed and fan speed is correct.

  4. #4Rob Gunn2021-02-22 15:18

    Are you sure its the engine that is over heating? I had a old Bobcat 630 that would get way hot and actually stop moving due to the main hydraulic pump being worn-out. The fact that you say you are having more issue while using the snow blower really make me think you may have pump issues rather than engine issues.