So this is really a two part situation here but i just picked up an older bobcat 763. So i traded it for some mechanical labor. . The previous owner had it sitting around for quite a few years. They removed the valve body to attempt to repair due to machine not operating correctly but never finished. Not exactly sure their symptoms of failure but i took that valve body and already rebuilt it replacing all the o rings which there were a few o rings blown out on both spool valves so im assuming that was directly related to their issue. Anyways the first question is really a favor im hoping that somebody on here has a 763f that they could possibly take a bunch of detailed pictures or possibly a video of the valve body assembly on their machine and how all the hydraulic lines route to it so i can see if im missing any lines and reassembly this one due to it already being removed when i picked up the machine. They just pulled it apart and never marked any of the lines with where they go on the valve body. I have a service and repair manual but its not very detailed. Anything would help. I called a bobcat dealer near me and they want to charge a grand to just install the valve body on the machine. Now my second issue is when i picked up this machine the previous owner just lifted the machine up with his excavator and set it on my trailer because of the snow we have had here in nwi. so i figured id mess with the machine on the trailer and get the tracton lock over ride button working at home. After replacing the engine fuse which was corroded as usual i got power to the cab and hit the traction lock button and heard the thud from the release. All is well, or so i thought. Tied the winch from my trailer to machine to verify it was released and got nothing. Wheels skidded accross trailer. so i figured maybe it was locked up from sitting for so long. so i had my buddy tug the machine with his truck so we could get it off the trailer and still nothing.. now im stumped. So my next step was to remove the solenoid and brake completely thinking maybe the solenoid wasnt pulling the brake all the way up to clear it. okay now brake is completely removed machine should roll right off trailer. Wrong. Now im at a stand still and really cant figure this out. What could lock up all four wheels on this machine with the brake completely removed????? The Machine also has a foot brake which has a switch on it not exactly sure how that operates? Any help and input would be greatly appreciated!
You can't make a Bobcat free wheel because of the hydrostat drive system, and the hydrostat pumps don't have a bypass valve feature to make one free wheel. You're just going to had to drag it off the trailer, get your control valve fixed and get it installed then work on getting the machine running
Thanks for the response willie. But in the repair manual it says you can tow the machine after releasing the traction lock over ride button to release the brake ? So your sure that’s not the case ? And you don’t happen to have 763 laying around that you can take pictures of the valve body and hydraulic hose routing do ya?
I don't know of any way to make a hydrostat drive free wheel to tow without a bypass valve at the drive pumps and to my knowledge Bobcat machines don't have that feature on their pumps, at least I've never seen one that does. And nope, don't know of a 763F handy for me to get pics
Just wondering if you ever got it all figured out? I've got a 753 f series that I have to pull the whole valve body on so.
Some hydrostatic trans. had buttons you push on the pump or motor for towing but don't think Bobcat used that system. If you can try and get some plywood or something under the wheels and slide on that instead of trying to drag on the tires.
This any help.? HeavyEquipmentForums
I have a 763C with a Sauer-Danfoss hydrostatic pump. I downloaded the Service Manual from the Sauer-Danfoss website. I was surprised to read that you can open the four bypass valves to allow the machine to free wheel. This is not documented in the Bobcat Service manual. I have not tried the procedure. I have extracted four pages from the Sauer-Danfoss manual if you want to take a look. Hydrostatic Bypass PDF As noted above, you will still have to release the parking brake (Traction Lock Solenoid) in addition to the above.
I just bought a 763f that I'll be working on to get it going and can take some pics for you. Do you happen to have a copy of service manual. I need one. E-copy is fine. On my 753 I can remove solenoid and pull chain lock up and use vice grips to hold it off chain drive and it moves easily since there's no lock now.
Still need plumbing layout?