Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 G hydro locking up please help

TinyTim ยท 2012-10-26 20:16

i have a old model 773 G bobcat its a 99 model the spool valve was leaking took it apart and fixed the leak and now it seems to be locked up the arm or bucket wont go up or down does anyone know what the problem could be?

Replies8
  1. #1willie592012-10-26 20:58

    I don't know what all components you took apart to replace control valve seals, sounds like the lift/tilt locks aren't turning loose, can't imagine why if they were working prior to repairs. You might want to look this thread over to see if it gives you any ideas. Sorry about the poor pics in the thread, that's when my blackberry was messing up and I wasn't aware of it. Welcome to HEF TinyTim. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2TinyTim2012-10-26 21:09

    thanks so much for welcoming me and i will look now thanks for the reply

  3. #3TinyTim2012-10-26 21:15

    ok here is what happened the guy that was working on it took the whole control valve off and put new seals in it and then put it back on the tractor so it stopped the leak and now it wont move the bucket up or down nor will it tilt either way?

  4. #4willie592012-10-26 21:44

    Well, again, I don't know what all the mechanic took apart, but you have the lift/tilt lock solenoid, and there's lock solenoids on the two spools, it could be as simple as he didn't hook up the harness connectors to these components, or connected them improperly. Aside from this, would be hard for me to guess what's happened here.

  5. #5TinyTim2012-10-27 10:31

    ok thanks how do you reset the solenoid any idea?

  6. #6TinyTim2012-10-27 20:22

    tco do you happen to have any pictures of the control valve where the hoses goes i seemed to have mixed up my small hoses for some reason the tags came off 4 of them

  7. #7willie592012-10-27 20:27

    Sorry TinyTim, I don't have that information. I typically install new seals in the control valve with valve installed, I don't take any hoses loose. When I do have to disconnect hoses, I put dots on the fittings with a center punch, no way those marks disappear.

  8. #8TinyTim2012-10-27 20:55

    ok thanks a lot