Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pallet forks for large skid steer

justafarmer ยท 2012-10-26 22:39

Looking for forks for a new to me 287B. Lots of jobber attachments on the market online as well as Ritchie sales that sell cheap. Can these be trusted? If a set of forks are rated for 5000 lbs is that enough for a skid steer like this?

Replies10
  1. #1Lee-online2012-10-26 23:45

    I would say 5000 lbs would be ok because the 287B Tipping Load is 5595 lb to 6173 lb depending on what length forks are used.

  2. #2KSSS2012-10-27 11:30

    When buying pallet forks, I have found that you are better off to get the best built/highest rated forks possible. Especially being a farmer, no doubt you will use a set of pallet forks way beyond its rated capacity and for a number of things they were not design for. I use them to transport rocks for rock walls primarily and moving segmented wall block on occasion. I have snapped numerous tines. Usuallly where they wield onto the back of the fork so they can be adjusted on the back rack. Invest in a quality fork to help prevent having to rebuy them.

  3. #3JCBiron2012-10-27 11:40

    I couldn't agree more with this statement. And not just forks, but all SSL/CTL attachments. You certainly get what you pay for. There are a lot of OEM-branded as well as aftermarket companies (mostly one-in-the-same) that make great attachments. Most guys just don't want to pay for them. Just watch out for the "bargain basement" priced stuff you find via google search....it is rarely a bargain in the long run.

  4. #4bruce421612012-12-04 16:17

    second

  5. #5buckfever2012-12-04 20:37

    We have a set of bradco forks. Picked up stuff my jd ct332 could barely move. Also have pryed railroad rail from the ties and poped them out of the ground. Yet we still have never bent or broken a tine or anything else.

  6. #6stovein2012-12-04 21:54

    I have bradco forks also, can stick them under a stump and lift the back end of the machine although not on purpose didnt hurt them at all. they cost 650 one year ago

  7. #7KSSS2012-12-05 00:56

    While I do consider Bradco to be a quality OEM. I have snapped their tines.

  8. #8xcmark2012-12-05 04:02

    http://hlaattachments.com/item.php?item=48&pltfrm=Skidsteer&cat=Forks&sub=Pallet Forks these are possible the best built forks I have seen for skidsteers. Mine have been on a Kubota loader and my skidsteer , still strait and true.

  9. #9bigdog32012-12-10 23:07

    I bought a set of hydraulic pallet forks for cheap off a RB sale and they are fabulous. Spend lots of time moving various sized pallets and totes and it it handy adjusting the forks from inside the cab.

  10. #10NCPIPELINE2012-12-11 14:21

    Thats cool, would be a nice addition around here to have a set of those