Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773 lift arm search

Tyler Mull · 2022-09-05 18:47

I’m in a bit of a bind. I have recently broke the right lift arm off of my 773 bobcat and when I took it to the dealership to have it looked at for repair they said it’s warped and can’t be welded. The bad part is that bobcat isn’t making the lift arm at the moment. Where would I look to find a used lift arm or am I better off finding a high hr machine that someone’s getting rid of for parts?

Replies1
  1. #1willie592022-09-05 19:27

    Yep, I've made that repair on G series machines, and yes, they get tweaked when that happens, Bobcat dealers typically won't do repairs like that, not what they're set up to do. You'd be better off going to and equipment repair shop, like Heavyquip or similar, or even a local welding/fabricating shop as they would have the equipment and expertise to repair that, gonna cost you some coin though as that's a labor intensive repair. And if you go that route, be sure and inspect the welds on the pin boss on the opposite side, Bobcat didn't make a strong weld on that pin boss on G series booms. Have them add some additional well on that opposite pin boss. As for finding a used one, I've been away from the Bobcat game for several years now, but I've never known of a salvage yard for them, doesn't mean someone hasn't started one in recent years, just not aware of one myself.