Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

773G BICS problem

Cranky Paul ยท 2020-12-29 22:18

Hi Team, I have a 773G that has sat for a few months. Come to move it the other day and it starts, everything lights up on the left hand panel (during startup), drop the seat bar and that indicator lights up on the control panel. Apart from that, none of the buttons will work. Can't access codes, no traction control override, nothing... The fact that it lights up and the analog fuel/temp works suggests it is getting power. I've checked that the park brake is off (even though I never use it) and even continuity tested that in case it was playing up - all good. Pulled a few panels off... Fuse panel, left hand control panel, cover over what I assume is the BICS module on the left hand kick panel. Checked all of the fuses and relays and they are all dry with no signs of moisture. Check the wiring loom and connections and it all looks to be in good condition. Struggling to find my next step apart from shelling out for a new control module but that'd be a stab in the dark. Any suggestions for alternative diagnostics? Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1grandpa2020-12-30 17:53

    Did the seat light come on on the Bics panel?

  2. #2Cranky Paul2020-12-30 18:46

    No seat sensor on this model, just a seat bar and that lights up when down. :-(

  3. #3Cranky Paul2021-01-06 20:03

    Well I got to the edge of my limited technical skills and got the local dealer out and money well spent once they hooked up their PC. Wouldn't have been 30 mins on site to confirm comms from the left had unit had stopped so a new unit on the way. Hopefully that will get me back up and running.