Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PolyCarbonate Door for CAT 262D?

jsmithtexas ยท 2020-12-28 22:32

Hi I just bought a used 2014 CAT 262D and managed to smash the glass windshield so I'm looking to replace it and thinking of going polycarbonate a couple of quick questions: - Does anyone have the CAT OEM polycarbonate windshield? My dealer has it in stock but no one knew how thick it is can anyone tell me the thickness? Google didn't get any hits with details the part number is 418-5850 figure someone out there may have it and know the answer. If you have it are you happy with it? - The alternative I'm looking at is the Shields branded windshield if anyone has feedback on that I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1KSSS2020-12-28 23:23

    I have a half inch thick poly from Shield for my 2018 CASE SV340. It took a couple times to get it right, the glass doesn't have quite the correct taper as it doesn't seal as tight as it should. This is a little ironic since these guys provide Poly to CNH directly. Overall it is a decent option. Price is decent and the company stood behind an original mistake. I would buy from them again.