Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

777 Wabco

Outasite ยท 2013-11-24 21:29

Couple of years ago,I bought a 777 wabco for use on our farm.It had a blown engine,671 Detroit.I replaced it with a turbo 671 out of an over the road truck,lots more power! The front end was bad so a full rebuild was done on the front.Then I converted most of the knuckle bustin stuff to full hydraulic.The transfer case got noisy,after looking,the idler shafts in the case were worn,and loose in the case so we bored and bushed it.Now I am looking for the idler shafts they are NLA.They are about 4'' long and 1 inch dia.problem is the needle bearings run on the shaft so they must be hardened.Im wondering if I could make them from drill rod and then harden them after machining the key slots in them.Just not sure if they would be hard enough.Anyone run needle bearings on hardened drill rod?

Replies0

No replies yet.