Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

7775 john deer skid steer problem

scrub · 2013-12-19 19:36

I've got the above mentioned skid steer. 1998, good condition, 1900 hours. Problem I'm having is after about an hour of running now, it starts running sluggish, and eventually quits. It acts like its getting air in the injectors. After sitting for awhile, and having the key on with the self bleeding system, it will eventually start and run fine for awhile. I've checked the fuel vent cap, replaced the electric pump, and replaced all the lines to the filter, and the filter. Also checked the pickup tube in the fuel tank. Injectors? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1CRAFT2013-12-19 19:56

    Welcome to HEF, scrub !!! ………… You could have a Floater in the fuel tank ….. if/when it happens try and pull off the fuel line where the inline filter is and try to blow back into the tank to see if there is/are any restrictions …… this may help to narrow down u'r problem ……. cheers !

  2. #2scrub2013-12-21 19:36

    Thanks Craft, I'll try that the next time it quits, and see....