Importing Skid-Steer from USA - Australia I am planning on making the trip over to the USA to buy myself a skid-steer. I would like to buy a CAT 247B or Bobcat T190. I would like to put the call out to anyone else chasing the same thing…. It will be better to fill the container rather than only bring back one machine in a 20 foot container. I will do as much, or as little as you like. I am willing to inspect the machine for you, transport it to the shipping port, personally wash the machine IAW with Australian Customs regulations, pack and strap the machine into a container, deliver into Australia, clear customs, transport it to your location. Or as an alternative, I will do nothing except provide space in my container for your machine (I will be inspecting the machines cleanliness and will not allow a dirty machine to travel in my container as it will impact on getting my machine into the country). I’m a heavy diesel mechanic and have worked on heavy plant (normally a LOT bigger than a skidsteer) for many years, and will inspect the machine as thoroughly as possible to minimise the risk of you getting a lemon. I am not a salesman and I have no affiliation with any supplier over in the US. The ideal number is four machines as I think we could fit 4 into a 40 footer if packed creatively. Of course, if we get more than that I will look at it at the time. I have no problems bringing in 2 containers, who knows, I might get mine back for nothing… I plan on heading state-side in mid-2014, so I am putting the feelers out early. If you think you might be interested, please drop me a line. Thanks, Joey Curnow. [email protected]
On the state side, I have a very good relationship to both our CAT & Bobcat dealers here in Raleigh, NC. If you would like help with arranging anything on this end feel free to drop me a line. [email protected]
Why not buy one in Australia, no one will honour any wty or goodwill on a machine you import yourself.
My question too? One sizable failure without a dealer willing to back you up will wipe out any savings you may make. When people take shortcuts they sometimes get cut short. Good luck.
...