Have a gmc 1978 dump truck.It's a 6500 series. Needing the two front passenger side brake wheel cylinders. And also a seal kit for the power steering gearbox,I think gear box is a saginaw. Can't seem to find out any info on this truck. Any help would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED ! Thanks
I had a truck like that, although it was a while back. I found all my parts at either NAPA, or Advanced Auto Parts. The key was finding one of the counter guys who really knew how to look the older parts up. You can forget all Auto Zones, and most Oreillys. The clerks there, usually don't know anything, and can't find a part older than 2010. Jeff
They will sell you nothing based on application. I had a '76 C65. Much of what I needed was available at NAPA or Fleet Pride. It's frustrating, but you have to learn part number, or find other trucks that use that part. You'll find much of cab parts are same as square body pickups. Engine parts are common to 20 years production of tall block V8, usually 366 or 427. Both were same except for bore size. My trans was Eaton, as was rear axle. Suspension & frame connectors I got from Donovan Spring in New Hampshire. Never did find correct engine mount rubber components or transmission mounts. Most parts are available, but a struggle to identify.
Does they look like theses? BTW, simply call it a "Chevrolet C60" whilst shopping, unless you're looking for the badges or horn button
Steering gear. Is it a 710?
Thanks to you ALL,I should be able to find parts with all this info! Thanks Again
Not trying to revive an old thread, but if any of the folks that were in this thread are still around, I just wanted to say thanks. Definitely good starting places to find parts for old trucks.