Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

790 D excavator

syrupcreek ยท 2025-01-23 21:02

How do I find the year of my 790 D The serial# is CK790DL007220

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-01-24 01:00

    Early to mid 1988.

  2. #2mg23612025-01-24 05:22

    Machine was built in 1987.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-01-24 19:36

    That's interesting. I have a guide that says 1988 serial numbers were from 007003 to 007859. It also mentions 1987 as the 1st year and starts at 007002 so maybe early 88 machines could actually be 87 built machines??

  4. #4mg23612025-01-25 06:41

    To be specific, on Deere's warranty page it says on the line labeled Build Date: June 25, 1987.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-01-25 18:51

    Thanks for clarifying. Maybe there is a more generic list. I know with motorcycles it can be confusing because anything after June is the next year model. In the odd case it can be even earlier. I wouldn't think there would be any difference as far as parts and service support though.

  6. #6syrupcreek2025-01-28 23:23

    Thank you