Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

790 E pump won’t de stroke

logsrus ยท 2015-09-06 10:10

I have a 790 elc and we can't get the pump to completely destroke. We had the DP sensor go bad and as soon as we put in a new one everything went south. We consulted with the dealer and thought it could be a bad sensor, so they sent another. We've checked everything (sensors,wire continuity, etc ) according to the shop manual, but no change. The one thing that we can't confirm is the code on the PVC. It's flashing rapidly and continuously,and the book has no description of this message. Does this mean the PVC is toast. Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Replies4
  1. #1spitzair2015-09-13 20:57

    Logsrus, when you say the PVC is flashing rapidy, how rapidly is it actually flashing? It is normal for them to flash on and off once per second... Is the flashing even or does it flash for example 3 blinks , a short pause, another 4 blinks and a longer pause? That would indicate a code in the computer... I have manuals for Hitachi Ex-2 manuals I can send you copies of if you like, same machines, just different engines and paint job...

  2. #2logsrus2015-09-14 08:17

    Thanks for the reply spitzair. The LED was flashing rapidly, maybe 5 times per second. I have since obtained another

  3. #3logsrus2015-09-14 08:21

    PVC and it seems to have corrected the problem. I have the repair manual with the codes In it and there was no explanation of any sort of code like this one.

  4. #4spitzair2015-09-14 20:14

    Glad to hear you got the issue solved. 5 times a second is definitely not right...