Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

792DLC with long reach extension

792DLC ยท 2010-01-05 17:44

So here are some pics of the 1995 792DLC with 25ft long stick. It has a 1yd 6ft wide bucket. To attach it to the hoe we simply drop the bucket and hook on. It supposedly weighs as much as our twister bucket but we have never weighed it. It is not Tippy like you would expect it to be. I'll post some more pics in a bit.

Replies22
  1. #1t_dirt2010-01-05 21:46

    Nice Pics!!!!! Any close-ups??

  2. #2792DLC2010-01-06 14:16

    Here are some more pics. From the pics you can kinda tell how our quick attach works. It's a WBM Manual wedge quick-attach. The only reason I am telling you this is if you look at the last pic you will see two half moon clamps where the quick-attach is. That is a safety feature just in case the wedge bar bolts break or come loose so the stick doesn't just go flying off. In the second pic you can see the quick-attach on the machine, if you look you can see an extra hole for a pin. That is where that wanted us to put the pin off the bucket cylinder linkage so we would have more breakout(I think). We have never moved the pin to that position. Oh yeah you probably want to know how we run it. So under the hydraulic tank there is a block where all the pilot control hoses go so we stamped pairs of quick couplers put them on the pilot hoes and the block. So we can change the pilots to run this like normal and change over for other controls for like I think $150. Here is how we change it. Standard-------> Long Stick Stick------------> Twist pedal Bucket----------> Stick Twist pedal-----> Bucket The controls stay the same but what they run change and it works really good. This takes like 5 minutes to change. Any Questions?

  3. #3special tool2010-01-06 15:19

    What is the overall reach of the machine at ground level from the center pin?

  4. #4792DLC2010-01-06 15:42

    Roughly 57 or 58ft.

  5. #5792DLC2010-01-06 15:55

    Some more pics. 1st with it stretched out on the ground. 2nd down in the canal. 3rd over a 544H.

  6. #6AmerIndependent2010-01-06 16:43

    I've never seen anything like that! How common are these?

  7. #7special tool2010-01-06 17:14

    And no tip at all with 1 yard of wet muck fully extended over the side with standard counterweight??

  8. #8792DLC2010-01-06 17:31

    I think WBM has only made 6 this being the longest. We have a friend who has a 916 Kobelco(think thats right 400 size?) he has a 22ft with I think a 2 yd 7 or 8ft Gradall bucket on it. Plus his twist is a 5yd cleanup converted to a twister my dad can stand up in it he is like 5ft6in.

  9. #9792DLC2010-01-06 17:43

    Fully extended it will tip a little. I have never had it fall right over. The machine weighs way more then book. Specs say 60,250lbs my dad says it weighs 68,000lbs with the twister. Twister weighs around 3500lbs or maybe a little over.

  10. #10Wolf2010-01-06 17:50

    cool looking hoe, man.

  11. #11RKO2010-01-08 21:22

    Long stick I had a couple sticks like that for the old Cat 225 and JD 690E before I changed to a true long reach. Mine were made In Mn. by a company called Add a Stick if i remember right. They were OK when I was doing an occasional long reach job, But they are not as good as a true long reach you are working them all day. I have seen a couple sticks break from an Add A Stick. One being my 225 Cat. That is alot of stress for a standard stick.

  12. #12792DLC2010-01-09 03:57

    What broke the original stick or the add a stick? Was the original stick a short or long stick?

  13. #13h3xaeon2010-01-09 04:56

    Very nice

  14. #14RKO2010-01-09 22:50

    Add A Stick The original stick is what broke. It was a short stick and broke right behind were the bucket pins on.I repaired it and used it to finish the job, That is when I bought my first Long Front. John Deere test the Add A Stick at their proving grounds. First they said it was OK to use them then they said it Voided the warranty. This is what I had http://www.add-a-stick.net/

  15. #15580bruce2010-01-09 23:44

    That lower stick section can't have any power.This thing must take some practice to muck with.

  16. #16792DLC2010-01-10 12:38

    It doesn't have that much power. But It would have more if we did what I said in this post.

  17. #17KW3182010-01-10 12:44

    So the stick and the machine ride on separate trailers? Thanks for the post.

  18. #18792DLC2010-01-10 13:04

    Yes. The stick is just an attachment like a bucket.

  19. #19td25c2010-01-10 13:21

    Pretty cool 792DLC.I think I'v seen that advertised in "Rock&dirt" magazine.My buddy uses what we call a "Boot".Just an add on extension to the stick.

  20. #20farmntilen2010-01-10 22:04

    First timer here.....Would this be an alternative to a long reach or just for a few small jobs? Could you clean miles of drainage ditches with it and still have a functional excavator?

  21. #21w2bstoned2010-01-10 23:05

    the old deere looks good, how many hours on her? Good luck with the extension looks good

  22. #22792DLC2010-01-11 01:46

    IMHO Yes it is an alternative. You still have a functional excavator it just comes off when you don't need it. You switch the pilots back to normal and you go on your way. 14,000hr and maybe 1000hr for the long stick which we have had since new.