Thinking outside the box. Could a man plumb the steering clutch mechanism into the hydraulic system I’m assuming that the pressures are too high, so could you have a regulator involved? Doesn’t seem like that would be that difficult but I don’t know if there’s a specific reason why they chose to Operate that mechanism from the transmission
Why would you want to do that you all ready have a source of pressure from the transmission. you don't need much flow so plumbing into the hydraulic system makes no seance
Because that steering function is part of the transmission drive system......not the implement system. It would make zero sense to run the steering clutches from the implement hydraulics.
because you dont need 2800 psi to work clutches
This.........
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
Brings the question to mind as to why they use transmission pressure to release the ripper depth pin on the larger machines.
I'd guess because it doesn't need much flow or pressure. Would need a major flow restrictor and pressure reduction.