Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stray JD 650G transmission pin

puddnhead · 2024-03-21 15:01

New to dozers and the forum ☺️ I got a JD 650G. I drove it up the mountain 2 miles and started fluid changes. It seems to run and move fine. BUT, I found this on the transmission drain plug magnet. It looks like a pin from a needle bearing. Do you think I should pull the transmission and inspect? I’m not even sure how only one of these needles would get loose? If I just ran it, could I cause more expensive carnage? Appreciate your time and thoughts! TO650GH767035 4000 hours Also including pics of the screen. It seems ok and the fluid looked like AT- not in bad shape.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612024-03-22 05:48

    Welcome to HEF puddnhead ! Is that a complete roller, or is it broken? Can't tell from the picture. The only rollers I can think of off the top of my head that are like that in that transmission are in the countershaft gear and they should be fairly well captured. The specifications for that bearing place it at about 3/4"-1" long. I agree, if one came out, there should be more. Might be worth draing the transmission and removing the rear cover to have a look.

  2. #2puddnhead2024-03-24 23:11

    Thanks mg2361. That pin is in perfect shape. I think you have the right shaft- it seems like it is that thrust bearing. The other ones were too big. I have a endoscope coming. I‘ll let you know what happens. Thanks again for the response ☺️