I'm looking for help on the fuel delivery system on this truck engine. Its an 1982. Full tank of fuel, starts and then shuts off. Throttle does not help. Fuel shutoff solenoid was replaced few years ago. There seems to be no traditional style fuel pump. I think it is a delivery problem but not sure how fuel is moved
Google: Detroit 8.2 supply pump location.
Welcome to the HEF. Good to have you. That’s a mighty fine engine. You're never late with a V8. Knowwhatimsayin? The fuel transfer pump is bolted to the guvna. But, it’s a gear pump and they just don’t die unexpectedly. They usually start leaking before catastrophic failure. Yes, I’m old enough to remember working on those at the dealership level. So, what you have is a huge can of worms. Good luck and keep us posted. Looking forward to hearing about your journey with the legendary 8.2 Fuel Pincher.
Pincher.