Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wiper Electrical Help!

breg099 · 2025-04-23 19:11

Hey guys I inherited a peterbuild with wipers/washer combo not working. They did a bunch of work whatever they did to try and fix it a white wire into back of the plug purple of the turnstat harness that white wire runs to washer motor, they then ran a black wire from battery to the other lead of the washer motor, nothing happens when pushing for washer/wiper. Wipers alone still work. They did cut the original wires leading to the motor. I cut the white wire and when I push it in the wiper goes (havent hooked up wiper motor yet but I can't get it to go in sequence). The purple wire (blue and yellow on turnstat side) has 11 volts until pushed then drops to 0 and is a ground. No matter how I try I can't get washer pump wired in to work both wiper/pump. Any ideas? I attached some pictures. What's the right way to wire this!

Replies1
  1. #1BearCreekGravel2025-07-27 22:48

    So I just did a whole bunch of re-wiring of someone’s hack job on a 07 T600. After all of that I have decided that I’ll never own anything newer than a 2000. I ended up rebuilding half of the fuse panel, scrounging parts and wiring harnesses from local yard, and getting things to work CORRECTLY. Was not fun, but I don’t hate wiring either. When I realized there is a turn signal stack control box down in the dash,( I should have known that there was something that controlled headlights when wipers are on ) I swapped it out with a different one and gained 90% of functions. This truck also was a PW/PDL/keyless entry equipped. Lots of places for moisture to get into connectors and corrode. When I’d get something working I thought good, check that off the list. Then you’d move a harness and break more green crusty terminals. I got a wiring schematic from my parts guy buddy to troubleshoot off of. Not sure of the year yours is but I see an ISX? Judging by the plastic interior panels 07+?