Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8.25 x 15 low boy tire replacment suggestions

Soodude ยท 2012-05-06 23:13

Hey guys I have a low boy that is going to need tires real soon but I'm having a hard time finding 8.25 x 15 tires for the sucker and when I do find a place that sells them they are through the roof for price. What size can I go to or do I have to bite the bullet and go for the 8.25 x 15 tires? Thank you DJ

Replies7
  1. #1tireman2012-05-07 18:05

    You can switch to 215/75R17.5's.Go to a commercial tire dealer and tell them you want to switch to tubeless 17.5's.Don't let them sell you anything except new wheels.All mounting hardware is interchangeable.Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

  2. #2Soodude2012-05-07 19:15

    So I'll have to change the rims out and get 17.5's. Are the prices for the 215s' better than 150 a tire?

  3. #3td25c2012-05-07 21:53

    No problem getting 8.25 X 15 tires in my area Soodude.I just bought two of them last month at my local tire shop for the low boy.Total cost was 450.00 for the tires & shop labor swapping them on the split rims & new tubes.I was happy with it.

  4. #4tireman2012-05-07 22:02

    Can't help you with prices off the top of my head, but I doubt you'll get them that cheap. Been out of the business for a few years.

  5. #5Soodude2012-05-07 22:08

    Ok cool, thank you for the help DJ

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2012-05-08 23:08

    215's are in short supply. Good ones are thru the roof, and even cheap ones are not so cheap. I just put on 7 Yokohama's, H rated (already had one new one) and it was nearly $2,500. Ouch!

  7. #7tireman2012-05-09 18:22

    Sorry to hear that, Jerry.That hurts!