I have a 1979 Grt. Dane trailer with 15" Dayton Split rim wheels. I run 8.25 R 15 tires on the trailer. Desperatly need a replacement rim and have not been able to find... any suggestions or ideas?
They are still out there.Short of a new one, check with commercial tire dealers, then check truck/equipment bone-yards or look around for an old contractor or farmer with an old lowboy in a field.Caution!!!Just because you find one with a lock-ring, that DOES NOT mean that they go together.Have them checked for compatibility.Not all lock-rings work with all rim bases.Mismatching them is the way people get hurt.
15" Dayton split rims needed! Thanks "tireman"! I have not been able to source these new... and so far my search in bone-yards has been in vain.... I'm hoping for someone out there to read this and let me know they have one out in their "back 40"! Also... thanks for the safety reminder!
Hi, Any part numbers on the rim or flange? Like B6515LW or R6515LW? Tube type rim?
Yes, numbers are stamped on rim base and rings.And yes, tube type.
Part numbers? Did you mean the part numbers I commented about? Keith
Looking for Dayton 15" split rim wheels Found numbers stamped on two of the Rims... Firestone 15X7.0 15X6.5LW
I got what you need. We have the flange, R6515LWE in stock in our Rome, GA 30161 warehouse. $42.71 each. Wt. 10 Lbs. Rim is B6515LWDE, $243.92 each. Only 2 available. Wt. 27 Lbs each. Can UPS if you have an account or we can ship to you. Interested? Keith
8.25 x 15 Do you still need wheels? I have at least 12 Thanks
I found this old thread while looking for 15" split rims. Do you still have any? I could use 6-8 of them. Thanks
8.25 x 15 Yes I have 8 with bad tires still mtd on wheels and probably 5 or 6 more that will go also,just send me a Phone # and I will call you Thanks
Cell Phone is 847 561 5407. My name is Phil. Thanks
Sorry, divedigger...I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to make sure I replied in correct spot. My phone number is 847 561 5407. My name is Phil
divedigger, Still waiting to hear from you....phone number is 847 561 5407. Give me a call. Looking forward to a road trip. Haven't been down your way since the Bristol Nascar Summer race back in '07. Looking forward to talking to you...just not sure if you're getting these messages.
I think i might have 8 not sure been awhile.I might need to keep one for spare.We'll see if your other man comes throw first.
Thanks for the heads up. I will give it til the weekend and see if I hear back from divedigger.
Constructo-O Send me an email, may be interested in buying a couple rims from you. [email protected] . I'm near DSM.
Email sent
construct'o i need 8.25x15 6 lug split rims for trailer if have any email me [email protected]
The rims i have was not like the one my other guy wanted.He wanted some that actually split in the middle of the rim in two pieces. The ones that i call split rims is a complete rim with a retainer ring then has a locking ring that hold the retainer attacthed to the rim and hold the tire on.Thus the type of split rim i have.They are 15 inch rims that you can run 8.25,9.00 ot 10.00 size tires on.They are on a three axile Hyster lowboy.I'm using 10.00 size tires now ,but they had 9.00 when i got the lowboy.
The rims i have are 15x6.5 or 7.0 6 1/2" pilot hole, 6 lug bud nut, straight across measurement on lugs is 8 3/4" center to center. Two piece split rim from your explanation i am gaining that yours are 3 piece split rim. I don't know if it is possible to post a picture if possible could you do so? Thanks
I'm having the same issues here. I have a float with 10.00R15 bias ply tires, 15" split rims, a 4" wide spacer ring, all held together with 6 wedge clamps on 6 studs. I'm pretty sure the setup was completely standard 40 years ago. I blew a tire a while back, and since the tire was unavailable, the dealer upgraded me to 11R17.5 radials, on a special sumitomo rim that fits on the original hub. Problem: the 4" spacer ring allows the tires to touch. Dealers tell me there is no wider ring available. 4" is the widest. Any ideas? This seems to be a topic where pictures are worth a lot. Wish I had one handy. Ken
Does anyone have anymore of these 15 in split ring wheels? I am needing one for an '85 lowboy I have with dayton style hubs. Mounting 8.25x15 tires on them. Thanks
How much of a hurry are you? I have eight and I'm wanting to move to the newer style rims/tires on my trailer at some point but wasn't planning till first 1/4 of the new year. I've already purchased the tubeless tires, but not the rims as haven't found a favorable price on them yet.
Hello 1693TA, Are you still going to be replacing the older rims? Do they look like these? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rqg_OUYy-WTiaC_kCru6oU0PIrpCKyK0 I have a customer who is interested in them.
I could use one of these rims or the locking ring specifically. Do you still have any?
i would be interested in one or two of these rims. If you still have them?
I replaced the locking ring wheels with these: https://buytruckwheels.com/collections/steel/products/17-5x6-75-import-steel-2 The 17.5" fits on the 15" spokes and you get a much better choice in tires. You also get away from issues with a lock ring coming loose. Most tire shops won't work on the lock wheels. The spacers I had already worked, but you can get new ones if needed.
Wow thanks! Yeah I was looking for something like this to replace my wheels with. Others have mentioned it here but no one sent me a link. Thank you.
I think I have one of those 17.5" dayton type wheels in Wi. It's used, but like new. FWD FWD
I was able to get the ring for my 15” rims. I need to save up some money before swapping out 8 wheels for the 17.5” wheels.
No problem. I had a 20 ton Towmaster tag trailer that had those type of wheels. I bought a spare tire and rim and I think it was used once. In 2006 I bought am Eager Beaver 25 ton trailer that had the same size tires, but hub pilot wheels, so I bought another rim and took the tire off and put it on the new rim. That's why I have the rim. Hope someone can use it some day. FWD
I am interested in the rim if it's Dayton style.
It is a Dayton type rim for 17.5" tubeless tires.
Rim is in good condition, a little surface rust is all. [email protected] and I will give you the price.
You can call me with the details if you want to sell it. 423-435-8557
Hello All, I am in need of the 15" Dayton style rims also, I have a Miller Tilt Table with the 15x6 rims (part #B6015TSD), I tried the 17.5x6.75 rims but the offset did not work & hit on the walking beam frame Does anyone still happen to have any 15" available ?
Where did you find the 15" rings? Mine are the 3 piece. Can you send me info to get some?