I have a weird one here. I have a manually injected 8.3 cummins in a 1993 ford f800. When shortly after it reaches operating temperature it spits, sputters and stales. It runs great until then. I did new injectors, lift pump, checked lines, fuel tank, shut off solenoid. I did notice it doesn't get up to the rpms it used to before I can shift. Please help Thanks P.s the truck only has 32 thousand original miles
This is one of those that needs a boost gauge put to it for test.
Is the fuel tank cap still tethered?
If you have a fuel housing like this one did you find the prescreen before the filter? On the inlet to this housing there is a check ball retained by a metal disk that plugs with junk
Yes I did it was full of crap I cleaned it twice. I don't remember seeing a check ball. Could that cause it to seize when warm? I'm leaning towards the governor having problems..
It's a none vented fuel cap, the tank has a vent that's open. I took the fuel cap and pressurized the tank, no difference. The water this thing gets the worse
Are you saying it could be turbo? The warmer this thing gets the worse it is to keep running
*warmer
The check ball is on inlet side to the screen you might be able to see it with a mirror every one I have worked on that had crud in the screen had more trapped there pulling the inlet intermittently I have really kicked my butt becase you could change the filter and it would run again until that crud moved to the inlet Just something I would want to get out of the way before spending any more money on it pull the housing and clean it all out That engine needs very little to run fuel, air and shut off solenoid
Maybe a sandwich bag or piece of trash in the fuel tank blocking the standpipe when it wants to.
Shut off solenoid may be failing when it gets warm.
This is what i was eluding to when I asked about the tether chain. I had a situation where i thought i had checked everything. I ran this thing off a separate fuel source, all was good. As soon as I put it back to tank, problems. What had happened was. The chain got sucked up into the standpipe. You start it up, all is fine, get a little run time or a heavy load. That chain would bunch up at the elbow and starve her out. Just something i always keep in the back of my head now.
I'll definitely check that out. Thanks