Engine starts and runs great. I thought maybe turbo issues but the truck is not smoking, I removed lines from turbo, started truck and plenty of air coming from turbo, also was able to hear turbo wind down after shutdown. New fuel and air filter and fresh oil change. Truck just seems to be needing more air or fuel. I can't pull a load over 45 mph. 95 L-8000 tandem dump. Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to avoid the repair shop if possible. Tim
Check intercooler hoses to be sure clamps are tight at all connections. A leak in this system essentially renders the turbo ineffective and would cause the symptoms you describe. If you find nothing obvious, you might have to pressurize the system to find a leak. With intercooler leak problems, about half the time the problem is obvious and the other half it is not obvious and a pressure test is required.
Thanks Bob, We found some pin hole size holes in the injector pump diaphram. It's amazing how such small holes can bring a 20 thousand pound truck to its knees! -Tim
Make sure air and fuel filters are clean if not al least not obstructed.
Turbo64, feel free to read prior comments and note the date of the thread you are commenting on.
Yeah I just read a problem and try to help. Cummins diesel is my engine of choice. N14 are bulletproof 350 to 525 hp. Never had any problems with that engine, had 6 of them over 32 years.