Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

8 ton excavator advice

eric12 ยท 2015-06-28 20:05

Just trying to get a suggestion as to a 8 ton excavator to buy or options to look for. Also any suggestions or opinions on track types? Im looking at takeuchi, komatsu, link belt, cat and john deere right now. just trying to narrow it down. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Replies4
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2015-06-29 01:11

    I would add Kubota to the ones to compare, as long as there is a good dealer nearby. My suggestion is that the machines are pretty good now, and the dealer makes the difference.

  2. #2cdm1232015-06-29 23:07

    It would help to know your intended use.

  3. #3JGibson2015-06-30 13:13

    Partial to the Link Belts, make great machines, won't be disappointed. Takeuchi also makes an awesome machine. Not impressed by the 8 ton Komatsu. Don't like the cat or deere. As mentioned Kubota makes a great machine and people seem happy with them. Also look at Kobelco, IMO very nice machines.

  4. #4StumpyWally2015-06-30 15:03

    I agree with the previous recommendations. Regarding Tak, I understand that the TB290 is real beast!! The smaller TB280 not so much... Spec wise, you might want to look at my thread: HeavyEquipmentForums I have a 2005 NH EH80cs (really a Kobelco ck80cs), with a hydraulic thumb & 24" steel tracks. Love it...!!