Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

** 80 Backhoe secondary relief valve

Brian R.M. ยท 2019-10-29 19:10

The boom on my ** 80 is very slow moving it outward but fine pulling back. I had a hydraulics guy look at it and he said its the secondary relief valve but that I probably can't find parts and I would need to live with it. Well maybe it can re-built or I can find one at a salvage yard. But first I need to know where it is...is it the nut with "32045" and "2500 PSI" stamped on it near the boom control lever. Maybe its bad O rings or broken spring- I just don't want to mess with the other stuff. Everything else works fine. Thanks. I will post a picture in the future if I'm still unsure.

Replies6
  1. #1Brian R.M.2019-11-04 20:27

    Still looking for someone who can tell me where the relief valve is....need help. Thanks

  2. #2Brian R.M.2019-11-04 20:46
  3. #3Welder Dave2019-11-05 00:17

    Maybe this will help. https://www.jensales.com/content/pp...trial-tractor-service-manual-mh-s-mf70-80.pdf

  4. #4Brian R.M.2019-11-05 09:51

    Thanks Welder Dave...I do have this service manual. I think I know the location but there are two large screws and another nut located on the bottom. I'm not sure if these are to be loosened or removed to get the valve out. I sure don't want to mess up another area and have the boom totally inoperable. That's why I was hoping someone could "walk" me through the correct procedure. I will re-read the manual and try to make sense of the removal but I hope someone has done this before.

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-11-05 12:16

    Maybe talk to an experienced hydraulic shop or equipment dealer. They may know what brand of valve it is and how to work on it.

  6. #6Brian R.M.2019-11-05 15:40

    Yes...good idea. Just need to find the right person with knowledge on an old machine like this.